Westlake Village Elder Abuse Lawyer
Elder abuse is a serious problem affecting victims across Westlake Village each year. Our Westlake Village Elder Abuse Lawyer gives free consultations and you will only pay a fee if we win your case! Call now at 310-651-7007 and speak to an attorney.
The Westlake Village Elder Abuse Lawyer at Aidikoff Law represents individuals and their estates in claims against health-care facilities, long-term care facilities, nursing homes, hospice care providers and other assisted living providers for abuse, neglect and exploitation. We also pursue claims for financial fraud and abuse against broker-dealer and financial advertisement firms.
Call The Best Westlake Village Elder Abuse Lawyer
If you have witnessed elder abuse, or one of your loved ones has been abused, you should consult a Westlake Village Elder Abuse Lawyer. There are time-sensitive issues under the California Elder Abuse Law and Dependent Adult Civil Protection Act (EADACPA) that should be addressed. Call us today.
The following are indicators of abuse, neglect and exploitation for someone under care:
Signs of Abuse:
Unexplained bruises, welts, fractures, abrasions or lacerations
- Multiple bruises in various stages of healing
- Multiple/repeat injuries
- Low self-esteem or loss of self determination
- Withdrawn, passive
- Depressed, hopeless
- Soiled linen or clothing
- Social Isolation
Signs of Neglect:
- Inappropriate or soiled clothing
- Over/under medicated
- Deserted, abandoned or unattended
- Lack of medical necessities or assistive devices
- Unclean environment
- Social Isolation
Signs of Exploitation:
- Missing/”disappearing” property
- Inadequate living environment
- Frequent/recent property title changes or will changes
- Excessive home repair bills
- Forced to sign over control of finances
- No/limited money for food, clothes and other amenities
In addition, Los Angeles County, CA, has approximately 160,000 cases of elder and nursing home abuse every year, with most of these cases going unreported. Los Angeles County alone represents over 25% of all cases in California. Los Angeles is followed by Orange County at approximately 53,000 cases, or 8.4% of the state’s cases of elderly abuse. If you know someone who you believe has been or is being abused, call our Westlake Village Elder Abuse Lawyer right now at 310-651-7007.
TYPES OF WESTLAKE VILLAGE ELDERLY HOME CARE AGENCIES TO AVOID:
- Those that hire workers without a background check: Because an elderly person will be allowing someone in their home to assist them, it is very important that they know whether or not that person has been convicted of crimes in the past.
- Those that hire ex-convicts: If a company does background checks but still hires ex-convicts, individuals looking to hire a homecare worker should not do business with them, for obvious reasons.
- Those with a history of elderly abuse or theft: If certain companies are known for having workers on staff that abuse or steal from elderly clients, these are businesses that an individual will not want to work with. Conduct proper due diligence on any homecare service provider you are considering using. You would be surprised at how many care providers have a reputation for abuse and exploitation that could be easily discovered if you do your homework.
Call Our Office Today For A Free Consultation At 310-651-7007.