AIDIKOFF LAW represents individuals and their estates in claims against healthcare facilities, nursing homes and assisted living facilities for abuse, neglect and exploitation.
If you one of your loved ones have been abused, or you have witnessed elder abuse call us right away. There are time-sensitive issues under the California Elder Abuse Law and Dependent Adult Civil Protection Act that should be addressed. Call the elder abuse lawyers at AIDIKOFF LAW today.
SIGNS OF ABUSE:
- Multiple bruises in various stages of healing
- Unexplained bruises or injuries
- Multiple/repeat injuries
- Low self-esteem or loss of self determination
- Withdrawn, passive
- Depressed, hopeless
- Soiled linen or clothing
- Social Isolation
SIGNS OF NEGLECT:
- Inappropriate or soiled clothing
- Over/under medicated
- Deserted, abandoned or unattended
- Lack of medical necessities or assistive devices
- Unclean environment
- Social Isolation
In addition, Los Angeles County, CA, has approximately 160,000 cases of elder and nursing home abuse every year, with most of these cases unreported. Los Angeles County alone represents over 25% of all cases in California. Los Angeles is followed by Orange County at approximately 53,000 cases, or 8.4% of the state’s cases of elderly abuse. CALL AIDIKOFF LAW TO REPORT SUSPECTED ELDER ABUSE.
TYPES OF ELDERLY HOME CARE AGENCIES TO AVOID:
- Those that hire workers without a background check: Because an elderly person will be allowing someone in their home to assist them, it is very important that they know whether or not that person has been convicted of crimes in the past.
- Those that hire ex-convicts: If a company does background checks but still hires ex-convicts, individuals looking to hire a homecare worker should not do business with them, for obvious reasons.
- Those with a history of elderly abuse or theft: If certain companies are known for having workers on staff that abuse or steal from elderly clients, these are businesses that an individual will not want to work with. Conduct proper due diligence on any homecare service provider you are considering using. You would be surprised at how many care providers have a reputation for abuse and exploitation that could be easily discovered if you do your homework.